Monday, September 29, 2008

My Quirks (for Cari)



I thought of some on my own, but had to turn to Mike for the rest.

1. I actually speed up to park a car. I wip into parking spaces with speed and percision. This always frightens Mike.

2. Eggs always have to be evenly placed in the carton.

3. I cut off the top of chip bags when the bag is close to being empty. So I don't have to reach far into a bag and get chip mess all over my knuckles.

4.As I hang my family's clothes in their closets I sort them in different ways. For awhile I hung the girl's in rainbow order. The boys: winter tops, then pants, then short sleeve shirts. Mine is newly purchased to old and I haven't gotten a hold of Mike's yet since we have been in UT.

5. I do not step on any grate covered holes that are in the ground (ie. parking lot drains). Stems from a childhood fear of pool drains.

6. I ALWAYS put lotion on my elbows after a shower.

5 comments:

Blogful said...

HA HA! That is so funny. I am so glad you did this. I do that chip thing too. My dad taught me. He also cuts off the top of an icecream container so he doesn't get his knuckles dirty when he scoops it out. Do you do that too?

Mike and Emily Black Fam said...

Not with the ice cream b/c not having 9 kids we don;t finish a 1/2 gallon in a sitting. Maybe one day I will.

Story Family said...

I'm surprised you have any quirks at all, Em!

Those all seem like very nice, benign quirks to claim.

CK Black Family said...

I too do the chip thing. Learned it from my dad. Looks like you guys are exploring fools!

andy weenig said...

emily,
i have a similar aversion to pool drains. we must have played at the pool together as kids. i also cut the chip bag.
nice fotos. we enjoyed the severe winter storm warning too. five feet of snow in five days.
-luv, cuzin andy